Some of these may seem simple but we truly do forget how much they affect the way we look.
1. Water. While we all know that we should drink plenty of water but did you know that if you don’t have enough minerals yet you are drinking eight glasses of water you can still be dehydrated? What does “fully hydrated” look like? Look at the pad of skin between your thumb and first finger, if the skin is wrinkled you’re dehydrated.
Simple solution: add a few grains of sea salt or mineralized salt to your next glass of water. Do this once a day until you are fully hydrated again.
2. Sleep. We all need it and few of us get enough. Most people have periods of their lives where they struggle trying in their efforts to fall or stay asleep.
Simple solution: Have a Pre-sleep ritual. Turn off the tv and read. Drink warm de-caf beverages in the winter, or cool sips of water in summer. A warm bath helps you unwind. Write down what you need to remember. Write a list of everything you are grateful for at this moment.
3. Sunscreen. We all know we need to use it. What you may not know is that it breaks down after several hours. Also, most people don’t use enough product, you need a teaspoon amount just for your face, neck, and décolleté.
Simple solution: Measure the amount the first few times you apply sunscreen. After a few times you should be able to “eye ball” the correct amount.
4. Exfoliation. What is it and when do you do it? It is the process of removing dead skin. As we age we don’t shed our dead skin as quickly as we did in our youth. But, you can do it too roughly or too often and cause irritation and redness. Your method or product needs to be matched to your skin type. Sensitive skin types and Rosacea need special methodology and little to no friction.
Simple solution: Get professional recommendations that match the product to your skin type. Most people don’t radically change skin types so once you know your skin type you will know what to pick and what to avoid.
5. Facial Expressions. Do you frown, grimmace, scowl?
Simple solution: Smile! You use more muscles frowning, than you do smiling! A happy face looks so much better than an angry, grouchy face and you'll attract more possitivity to yourself!
For individualized help with your skin care please me Jamie Gordon, licensed esthetician since 1985.
Mention this blog and you’ll receive a FREE “add on” specifically designed for you!
http://www.JamieGordonSkinCare.com go to “appointment desk” to schedule.